Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Water


So we all need to drink water... And we know we should be drinking our body weight in ounces. 

100 pounds = 100 ounces.

123 ounces = 1 Gallon 

But when to drink it? How to spread it out? 

Here is what I do... 

I drink a bottle between 
9AM-noon, noon-3PM, 3PM-6PM, & 6PM-9PM

I know I need more than that & my other bottle should be when I first wake up between 6-9 but drinking anything other than coffee between those hours is just not going to happen these days! 

But if you can drink a bottle when you first wake up, you should, because it kick starts your body, wakes it up & gets it going! It's like getting the oil moving in your motor except we constantly have to "oil" ourselves unlike our cars! 

On top of drinking the ounces I need just for my weight, I try to drink an equivelant amount of water to the amount of coffee & sodas I consume... 1 can/cup = another bottle.  Soda & coffee are diuretics & will strip you of everything that is trying to hydrate your body so you have to replace what diuretics are getting rid of.

This flexible schedule/guideline helps me keep my goal & to not drink all of my water at one time! It also helps me cut back on drinks like Coke & Pepsi! 


Happy hydrating! 

No comments:

Post a Comment