Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Crockpot Prep!

I am not a big morning person... I would love to be... But I'm not. It's way easier for me to stay up a bit later than get up earlier in the morning! But... Even if one day I do miraculously become a morning person, I will always prep my crockpot meals this way! 

First off, if you don't have a crockpot, get one! ASAP! 

Ok so I'm not going to share a recipe because I have quite a few & will eventually post them... 

Here is my advice! 

Thaw meat out (I prefer the natural way, not the microwave defrost) so depending on the size of the meat I place it in the fridge 2-3 days prior. Note - place meat in a bowl while defrosting! Too many times have I had blood leak all over my fride shelf & on other foods/packages!! Gross!!

The night before you plan to cook the crockpot meal...

Rinse meat & place in a large Tupperware container.

Pour marinade or rub dry seasonings over all of your meat & close the container for now.

Cut up veggies or rinse beans etc...

Place veggies in the container, all around the meat... Season/marinade a bit more to cover veggies. 

Close container & place in fridge.

Go ahead & set up your crock pot! (PLUG it in!! Too many times I've come home to uncooked food!) 

In the morning ..

Pour all of the contents of the container into the crockpot (make sure meat is sitting on the bottom).

Turn on the Crockpot & Ta Daa!! Dinner is ready for when you get home! 

Here is the pot I have & absolutely LOVE!! 

It has a timer so when time is up it switches over to "keep warm"!! No worries about your veggies being over cooked! 


No comments:

Post a Comment