Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Go, Go, Go!!!



Go, go, go!! 

I feel like that's all I/we do! Even when I am sitting still, my mind is running a 100 miles a second! There is ALWAYS something to do, someone to call, somewhere to go...

IT. HAS. GOT. TO. STOP! I have got to get my brain on a schedule, something more organized so I am not running around in my head like a crazy person thinking I forgot something & then, not beat myself up if I do... I want to be a MENTALLY HEALTHY PERSON. 
To be "mentally healthy" I believe you need a daily dose of ...

Quiet Time - This can be prayer, sitting on a porch, doing crafts or listening to relaxing music, even though its called "quiet" I feel the thing we need to silence out most is the world. So my music suggestion would be something instrumental. No lyrics or heavy tempo... I personally LOVE the bag pipe, steel guitar, violin & Piano! There are solos using these instruments that have brought me to my knees spiritually. Something about a piano will make my heart hurt, not necessarily in a bad way. Its just a very touching instrument to me...

No electronics - No TV, phones, tablets, laptops, gaming systems

Organized productivity - Paying bills, prepping meals or reviewing the next days events & to-do's or even taking the time to learn something new & exercise our brains or physically exercise! Studies show how great a 30 minute work out can benefit our minds!
.
Family time - This one is pretty self explanatory & think the "No Electronics" should be implemented here. Our family time growing up was around the dinner table, no TV, no distractions. Every day dinner was ready at a certain time & we were all expected to be there, & to tell you the truth, I didn't want to be anywhere else but at the dinner table surrounded by great people & great food. It was a release from the day... conversation & laughs with the people that mean the most to me. I loved even more when we invited extended family to eat! Yea, it meant more dishes for me & my sister to wash but I wouldn't have traded it for anything!

 God Time - Most importantly as Christians, we need time everyday to be intimate with God on top of a weekly dose or two of being fed & fellowship with other Christians. I get spiritually hungry & cranky when I have not been fed.

The goals floating around in my head since the beginning of the year, have been to get organized, get enough sleep & get everything done. So I can have "Us Time" & I am not just talking about just Buck & I having time for us but giving God time he deserves for US. I need more than the daily verse or devotional. 
I, as a more advanced & growing Christian, need to be feeding myself like one.


I know that my Nana set herself up for having a better day when she would get up early before us kids, drink her coffee & spend time with The Lord. I get excited just thinking about it! I soooo want to become a morning person like her!! But I have to actually get up earlier & get more rest at night so I am not falling asleep while reading His word or praying. That is my struggle... I know with God all things are possible but there is a lot on my part that needs to be done for this to go smoothly... because God isn't going to come down & make our lunches everyday or wash our laundry & dishes, the things that keep me up later at night. Or to be honest, there are nights He should really strike my phone dead with a lightening bolt! Seriously, why am I so addicted? I find myself constantly checking my phone for a new Snap, Comment on Instagram or Facebook. Or I will sit up looking through all the social media that I have already seen & contaminated my mind with, just waiting for someone to text me back about something... that is an illness. Another area I have put on the list for bettering myself mentally.

In this crazy world of striving to be physically healthy (which is just as important), I think we often forget to take care of our mind & soul. I truly believe mental health must come before we can even begin the daunting task of becoming physically healthy.

Romans 12:2

And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.




No comments:

Post a Comment