Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Chilly Weather = Chili For Dinner

Thought I would share my super easy & super yummy chili recipe! 

Chili is the one thing I can't pass up using canned veggies/beans... I love fresh veggies & beans BUT if you have ever worked with dry beans, you know preparation is lengthy & annoying and considering my recipe has 3 different kind of beans, I'll just pop open some cans! 

Also, McCormick seasoning packets are MSG free so they are basically just the perfect blend of seasonings in a packet! Yay!! 


Ingredients:

1 can dark red kidney beans
1 can light red kidney beans
1 can chili beans (in a chili sauce)
1 can Rotel Chili Fixins
1 can sweet whole kernel corn
1 packet of McCormick chili seasonings
1 8oz block of cream cheese 
1 pound ground beef (I use 90/10)
1 bag of Fritos
Tub of sour cream 
Shredded cheese of your choice

Directions:

Open cream cheese & place near burner so it will soften

Open all cans
Go ahead & drain the corn & kidney beans

**Don't drain the chili beans**

Cook meat, drain if needed

Mix meat, corn, beans, rotel, seasoning, & cream cheese together in pot!

** I cut the cream cheese into smaller pieces so it will melt easier.



Simmer & stir every few minutes. 



Like always with chili, the longer it simmers, the better it tastes but 20 minutes is usually enough if you're limited on time...

Top with cheddar cheese & sour cream, scoop with Fritos! Yummmmaaay!! 


Enjoy!! :) 






No comments:

Post a Comment